Thursday, November 23, 2017

You Can't Pour From an Empty Cup

Few days ago, I was feeling down, upset, and frustrated about my life. I just feel like I’m not going anywhere in my life while most of the people I know are already “someone” in life. An engineer, a nurse, a teacher, a soon-to-be doctor, and a lot more. I, on the other hand, is still a nobody.

I am in my usual home clothes everyday (not that I am complaining about that), but staying at home all the time has burned me out already. I need something that I can interact with people, make friends, learn something, just anything.


I was telling my boyfriend about it and like usual, being the best boyfriend that he is, he talked me out of the depression bubble. Everyone has a destination of their own, and they will get there at their own pace.

That made me realize that I haven’t been really taking care of myself these past few years. I’m just pouring whatever I have to everyone around me and took all my needs for granted. As they say, you can’t pour from an empty cup.

I won’t be where I want to be if I don’t do something about it. So, from now on, I will invest in myself. Take care of myself physically, mentally, and emotionally. I will take whatever opportunities comes my way; opportunities that I can learn something from. Opportunities that can expand my network, opportunities that will help me gain more confidence in myself.

I will try to educate myself any ways possible. I may not be properly educated yet, but I will educate myself from experiences. I will learn new skills. New skills = new opportunities.

If you don’t take care of yourself, no one will. You can’t ask people to love you if you don’t love yourself.

I hope you get my point. I know I am not alone in this boat. Raise your hand if you can relate!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...