Thursday, September 15, 2016

Life... Full of Surprises

Hi everyone! I've been missing in action for months, again. So much has happened in my life outside the internet. Some of it, I am proud of and the rest just makes me sad. In just a matter of seconds, my life changed. No, it's not what you think. I did not get married or got pregnant. I've been contemplating if I should share it here or not... but I decided that I should. I need a breathing room and this blog is perfect for that.

My dear readers, brace yourself because this may just be one of my many dramatic posts.

The sad thing is, nobody ever really knows how much anyone else is hurting. 
We could be standing next to somebody who is completely broken and we don't even know it.

What happened in the past couple of weeks was and still hard for me, maybe because I'm a family-oriented girl. My parents broke up after 24 years of marriage for some reasons that I can't disclose here. Seeing my parents together my whole life and seeing them now being distant from each other is just too much to take in.

In just a blink of an eye, everything changed for my family and especially for me. I keep asking myself why this happened, but I couldn't give any answer to myself. Life maybe hard for us the past year, but we were happy because we were together... and then, my parents gave up on each other. Just like that. 24 years of marriage went to the trash bin. 

You may be asking yourself now why my life changed after what happened to my parents... aside from being a girl that belongs to a broken family now (which is still hard for me to accept), I also took the responsibility to raise and look after my five younger siblings. Yes, you read that right.


You may call me crazy for doing that, but I don't know about you... I can't sleep knowing my younger siblings are suffering because of this situation. They feel less loved by everyone, and I can't let that happen... I want to let them know that they still have me, they can still look up to me. I love them with all of my heart. 

My father is working away from home, so he can't take care of my siblings. That's why I volunteered to take the responsibility of a parent. He will just send remittances to me to support our expenses. As for my mother, I don't know. She just took off. 


So, last August I went home to pick up my siblings and take them here... It was a huge step for me. Everyone was saying I may not be able to get a family of my own because I'll get old by just taking care of them. That thought actually scares me, but I decided to disregard that thought. They are my priority now, the future will take care of itself.


But I have to admit, it's not really easy, especially financially speaking... I have to work more than 10 hours a day to make ends meet. Seeing them get contented and happy with whatever I bring home takes all the blues away. 

7 comments:

Prospect Boy said...

Wow! I admire you so much for taking on this responsibility. You are going to be an amazing mother whenever you have kids of your own.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Kudos to you for being there for your siblings Marie. I am so sorry to hear about your parents, that is a sad thing to accept. Praying for you, hugs!

Lainy said...

Well done. Marie! And thank you for swinging by my blog and dropping off a comment. Appreciate it!

Cheerio!

Elizabeth O. said...

Wow! I'm sorry you and your siblings have to go through that. I can't believe your mom just took off. I'm sure everything will eventually be okay for you and your siblings.

papaleng said...

sad naman but that's part of life. The best thing you can do is to pick up the pieces and make the best of it. Kaya mo yan bunso.

Travel Quest said...

I'm sorry to hear that, may God give you strength and wisdom to raise you siblings well. I don't know if this will help but they say God will not giving you problem if he knows you can't handle it. You just have to trust him and I hope pretty everything will be okay again.

Maria Teresa Figuerres said...

That was an awesome feat you did! Taking care of your siblings is not easy, but it sure has its rewards. Good luck on this journey, sis, and God bless you always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...