Tuesday, May 31, 2016

What is My Calling?

I'm almost 23 years old, but until now I still don't know what I really want to be in life. I still haven't figured out what is my calling. I felt so left behind, and it's one of the not very nice feelings in the world.

When I was younger, I have thought of many things of what I would be when I grow up. At first I wanted to become a teacher, then another year passed and I wanted to be a lawyer, then another year passed, I wanted to be a chef, and then another and another and another. It seems like every year, my desires of what to become is changing.



You know what's worst? Seeing your classmates, schoolmates, friends becoming something they always wanted. Seeing them become nurses, engineers, teachers makes me really happy and proud of them but I admit, I feel really crappy about myself too.

I've always wanted to become someone and be something in my community, but I can't seem to figure out what I really want to be. I'm not getting any younger, you know. I feel insecure to those who are younger than me and already becoming someone and achieving something. I always ask myself; "Why can't I be like them? They know which path to take."

I like to write too. I write to express myself, I write to lighten up my mood, I write for fun. But lately, I just can't find the drive to write like I used to. It is so frustrating!

I haven't completely given up hope yet. I'm still hopeful that one day, one of these days, I can finally figure out the right path for me to take, the right calling for me.

How about you? Have you found your calling? If yes, how did you find out your calling? Would love to know about them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It scares me too. I mean all my friends know exactly what their dreams are and they're making effort to achieve it. I always feel like im falling behind. I feel lost and im still struggling to find my path. :(

Nova said...

23 seems to be just the starting for you to aim what really do you want to do with your life. maybe try doing something different and of course with God's help to guide you figure it out.

Elizabeth O. said...

There are people who find their passion later in life, so you don't have to be stressed about it. I think you'll be able to find what you want to do, just give it some time and keep going no matter what!

Destiny Renze said...

Give your self some time more to find your self. you might want to consider traveling for soul-searching. They say traveling can help you realize many things in life. :-D

Maria Teresa Figuerres said...

Try different things, join various workshops, get involved in something you feel deeply about. Those are some of the things I can think of right now that can help you find your true calling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...