Friday, March 4, 2016

Too Crowded

Been here in Manila for months already and I can tell that I am still not used to the traffic, the pollution, and especially the crowd. Manila is just too different from the province. It's just too noisy, but it's also fun (and scary, sometimes).

I still miss the peacefulness of the province but, in the name of career and being an independent woman, I have to embrace Manila wholeheartedly.

So anyway, I went to Baclaran Church (National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help) to attend the mass and light some candles afterwards. After attending the mass, I decided to take the LRT (Light Rail Transit) on my way home. It was so crowded on my way to the station from the church. I forgot it was Wednesday. No wonder there were so many devotees attending the mass.


So many people from all walks of life... I was thinking it would be very interesting to hear these people's stories. Yes, like Humans of New York style. Ha ha ha!

It's actually fun if you listen to each stall's style just to get a sale. Can't help but smile whenever I hear them do the sales talking (or the recorded ones) while I was on my way up to the station.

When I got home, my white shoes almost looked like black. I just laughed at it. That won't stop me from going back to Baclaran, either to attend the mass or shop, every week.

6 comments:

papaleng said...

Next time you visit Baclaran do beep me. Very familiar ako sa place since may shoe stall si misis dyan. Great experience bunso and BTW I do miss you, kaso may bf ka na.

Elizabeth O. said...

The province will always be special, it's peaceful and life is not stressful at all. But we always have to work in the city, so might as well just enjoy it. Love that you're having a fun time going to Baclaran!

Annemarie LeBlanc said...

For me, it is the other way around. I was born and raised in the city, and it is the countryside that makes me anxious. The houses are too far apart. I think I can live in the countryside, provided that it is near a beach or lake.

Jessica Cassidy said...

The only way I could visit Manila is when I landed in the Philippines and stay a day after flying back to America. The air is very polluted. It is very scary too. I cannot replace my home town Cagayan de Oro City. I am so glad that you are adjusted and know how to use the LRT.

lencilicious (len reallady) said...

Hi dear. I can't remember when I was the last time I went to Baclaran. To be honest with you, I am not so comfortable going there because of too much people around. As you said too crowded. But given the chance, I will try to visit the place again for the Church and to shop as well. May BF ka na daw sabi ni Papaleng? :)

Nova said...

I have been the place before too and I have to say the same things. It's a fast pace place so adjustment is necessary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...