Friday, April 7, 2017

Reflections and Self Growth

We have to go through hardships before we can say that we are strong, mentally, emotionally, and physically. At a very young age, I’ve experienced hardships in life and I’ve been exposed to responsibilities that are not suitable for anyone my age. Despite all that, I’m very thankful because all those experiences and hardships honed me into the person I am today.

I remember my friend, Bradrick (or Brad as I call him), told me that I am wise beyond my years.


I don’t want to sound arrogant or anything, but I agree with that. I am only in my early 20’s but I am already thinking of long term plans and goals compared to anyone my age.


While I was in my bed last night, trying to catch some sleep, I had some realizations. I’ve failed so many times in my career and in my business ventures, and because of those failures I feel like I’m not moving for the last two years and up to this very moment. Then I realized I’m still young and there are still a lot of things for me to learn in this life and I still have chances. Those failures are my lessons.

While I was browsing Facebook, I came across this quote:

Surround yourself with friends who:

  • Empower you
  • Believe in you
  • Support you
  • Uplift you
  • Motivate you
  • Appreciate you
© PositiveLifeTips.com









It really helps a lot if you have a great support system like your family, friends, or a very positive community.

The quote above reminds me of my boss. He became a very good friend to me as well. He told me something a couple of weeks ago. He said that I should get my life together and that failures are part of growing up. I should set some goals for myself.

It hit me. If I don’t do something about myself and my current situation, nothing will happen. No one can help me but me. There should be no room for self-pity.

These past few days, I’ve been trying really hard not to get depressed because once I get depressed, it would be so hard to pull me back from my usual self. It happened before and I gave everyone around me a hard time, emotionally. I don’t want that to happen again, that’s why I’m fighting it so hard.

1 comment:

Prospect Boy said...

Wow! It was a pleasant surprise to see my name pop up in your post. But yea, I meant what I said when I said you are and have always been wise beyond your years. I understand that you are in your early 20's, but you don't have to put so much pressure on yourself to succeed. You still have time to get your life to the point where you are satisfied with it. We all face struggles and bouts of being depressed. You can cry tonight, but what you choose to do in the morning is what matters. Stay strong, and keep on pressing forward my friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...