Sunday, December 11, 2016

Goals for 2017

Hi guys! Can't believe it's been a year already since I purchased this domain name and started this blog. Some of you may know, I've been blogging since 2010 but I just keep making and making new blogs each year.

Photo grabbed from www.journalismfund.eu
Anyway, year 2016 is coming to an end! Time flies so fast, right? But, I'm glad it's about to end and we are about to unfold a new chapter. This year has been very challenging for me... Too much family problems, financial problems, too much self-pity, anger, work problems, emotional problems, and ups and downs of my long distance relationship. Yes, it has been very tough and I'm glad I have survived this far.

2017 looks very promising for me. So, I've set some goals (or maybe resolutions?) for myself and hopefully I'd be able to accomplish them.
  1. Move a lot! - I've been living a sedentary lifestyle this year and I can't deny the weight that I gained anymore. For 2017, I want to lose them naturally. I want to walk and run a lot. I just want to move more than I used to.
  2. Eat healthy! - I admit, I've been eating a lot of junk foods (fast food) ever since I started living on my own. Too lazy to cook sometimes. So next year, I want to prepare my own food as much as possible.
  3. Work better! - I've been slacking off a lot this year. I don't know why I wasn't too motivated about work this year, and I want to change that next year.
  4. Write more! - I want to be more engaging to you guys. I want to improve my writing skills. I want to express myself even better.
  5. Save more! - I want to work better next year so I can save even more! I want to be financially ready whenever there's an emergency in my family. I've been in a situation where someone from my immediate family got into an emergency and there's nothing I can do because I have nothing, and it's not a good feeling. I don't want it to happen again.
  6. Be more confident! - Actually, this has been my goals for years now and I can say that there's a progress. I have been doing things that I can't do before -- like talking to people I just met, meeting online friends (which I was really scared to do before), complaining when something's not right (especially if you are paying for it) and a lot more. I am happy of this progress and I want to be more confident next year, because there are still things I can't do like speaking in public (and I really, really want to do that).
  7. Be happy, enjoy life, travel more! - 2016 has been very stressful (I think I've mentioned that earlier in this post), and in 2017 I want to be happy in all aspects of my life. I want to see the positive side of all things and situations, I want to enjoy more and see my friends more -- because I haven't seen them this year. We got all caught up with the adult life (kinain na ng sistema). I want to see places I've never been and gain more experiences.
So far, that's all I can come up with. There are so many things I want to do and to achieve for the coming year. 

If you noticed, my goals are focused on improving myself. I've been too busy looking after other people's lives and now, I guess it's about time to look after myself, right?

2 comments:

Maria Teresa Figuerres said...

Good luck on your 2017 goals! I hope you make them all come true!

Nova said...

congratulations!!! finally this blog is over a year old now. as long as you settle into this one and continue to spread your articles to us, i'm one of your fan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...