Wednesday, August 1, 2018

To a Secured Future

Ever since I was a kid, I've always felt a huge responsibility towards my family and the people I truly care about. No one had to tell me what to do or how to do things, I intiated things the way I think is right. I always look out for my family first before myself. I don't know why is that, but that's just how I am. Myself comes last in everything.

It's not a walk in the park though. A huge responsibility like mine always comes with stress, anxiety, and depression. But those things can't and won't bring me down. Like my boyfriend always tells me, "You're a born leader. You are meant to lead a pack."


And just like that, I'm motivated to do things again.

Just like what the title says, yes, I am securing my future. Not just mine, but my family as well. I always think about the future. I know nothing is certain, that's why I chose to protect me, protect us. I availed a life and health insurance.




I know not everyone, especially Filipinos, are open to talk about insurances. I was too. I was always skeptical about insurances. You know what made me open my eyes to getting one? When my aunt died.

She have five children, only one of them was working because the rest are still very young (ages 8-14). She was a single mother. When she died, her eldest child was very problematic. How to pay for her coffin, for her burial, how to send the younger siblings to school, and a lot more. Then at that very moment, I realized that if ever something may happen to me (knock on wood), I don't want my family to worry about it because I already took care of it while I'm still alive and able.

I tend to not only learn from my own mistakes but also from the mistakes of other people as well. It's like an advantage. You see them made a certain mistake, so you know you should avoid that. I'm not saying that my aunt made a mistake for not securing her life and her children. She was a hardworking woman, always trying her best to make both ends meet. What I'm saying here is, it's not bad to prepare for something that will happen in the future.

So when I'm gone, my family will be able to go on with their lives with no worries. And with that in mind, I think I can go in peace.



And by the way, AXA's life insurance (Life BasiX) is not just a life insurance. It comes with an investment as well. You are not just protected, but you are also making your money work for you.

I also availed AXA's Health MaX. If someday I get diagnosed with one of the major critical illnesses, I don't have to worry about the money needed for the medication, because again, I prepared for it and I'm covered.

We can't just say "bahala na si Batman" all the time. When we're sick, we can no longer look for the money that we need. So, I suggest you protect yourself while you are young and still able to do something about the uncertainties that may happen in the future.

It will save you and your family from debt and you will have a peace of mind. That's very important for me.

Before any of you jump to conclusions that I am making a lot of money that's why I'm able to get insurances, let me you tell this; no, I am not making a lot of money. I only make enough to support six younger siblings, pay our bills, and be able to eat three times a day. The key here is to budget your money. You should know where your money goes.

Piece of advice: list down your expenses. List down where every peso goes and from there, you will know which one(s) are not really necessary expenses. That's where you can insert getting an insurance.

I really recommend that you save and invest while you're young. And also get an insurance. It's cheaper when you start young.

If you are looking for a sign to get an insurance, this is probably the sign you've been looking for.

If you are interested, let me know. I'll hook you up to my financial advisor. She's really great! :)

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way paid or compensated by AXA Philippines for this post. This post is just based in my own personal experience.

1 comment:

Prospect Boy said...

I know I've told you this a lot, but I've always admired how wise beyond your years you are. You are already leaps and bounds ahead of most people in your thinking. The future is going to be so bright for you Marie. Great post! I enjoyed reading this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...