Sunday, April 15, 2018

Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador, Misamis Oriental

Last November (2017), I had the chance to visit the Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador, Misamis Oriental. If I may say so, I think October and November of last year is my well-traveled months. It was... refreshing.


I was staying at New Dawn Hotel Plus in Cagayan de Oro when out of the blue, I decided to go visit the Divine Mercy Shrine since I was already there and it was a free day for me anyway.
I actually had no idea how to get to the shrine by myself so I decided to hire a taxi to get me to the shrine and take me back to where I was staying. I paid him 800 Pesos for that. 

I wasn't alone, by the way. I was with my cousins who also had no idea how to get there. That's why we all agreed to just hire a taxi. It was a 35-minute drive going to the shrine.

I am a Catholic, but I have to admit, I am not entirely a very religious person. But the place made me feel closer to God. It was so peaceful there.


Women are required to wear skirts before entering. If you are not wearing a long skirt, there are free skirts that you can use at the entrance. You just have to donate any amount you can give.





Everything you see there was made possible because of the donations people gave.






We were not allowed to bring anything when going up to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I left my camera and phone at the orientation area. When I got there, I prayed for my heart's healing, my family's health, and peace of mind for everyone.

The church behind the statue of The Sacred Heart of Jesus. 




All photos were taken by me using Canon EOS 1300D. See you on my next photo blog entry. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...