Wednesday, November 23, 2016

My Love for Siomai

I have never tried eating siomai before and I didn't had plans to try it, I don't know why was that the case. But recently, around May this year... I finally gave in.

I was about to pick-up someone at the seaport, and as usual the arrival of the ship was delayed. While waiting for the ship to arrive, I got hungry. Then I smelled siomai. I really told myself I wouldn't try it, but I gave in anyway. I have this idea in my head of how it would taste like -- awful. But lo and behold, pork siomai tasted so heavenly inside my mouth! nom nom nom. I was really surprised how good it tasted! I was smiling from inside while I was eating it.

Follow me on Instagram: marie.eds
I told myself "why did I take so long to try this?" At that very moment, I instantly fell in love with siomai and since then I've been eating it whenever I get the chance. Two servings usually makes me happy. Don't judge! LOL! 

By the way, for those of you who don't know what siomai is (it is also called as dumplings) -- it is a type of traditional Chinese dumpling served as dim sum. My favorite is pork siomai but there are a lot of varieties like shark's fin, shrimp, tuna, beef, chicken, and a lot more. 

I've tried different local "brands" of siomai. Some of them made me come back for more, and some convinced me that once is enough. Get what I mean? LOL

What's the point of this blog post? Nothing. I just wanted to express how I feel for siomai. 

Have you tried siomai? Do you like it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...