Monday, August 7, 2017

I did it!

I've been contemplating about cutting my hair for a very long time now. You see, I have a natural curly hair and I've never liked it. You know why, if you have curly hair. Sometimes, I love my curls, but most of the time I hated it because it's like it has a life of its own plus the time it requires to comb it. It will surely test your patience.

Yours truly!
Yep, that's me! :) If you've known me for a long time, I've always had my hair straightened, because straight hair is easier to maintain. But last year, I decided to just let my hair be. I'm just tired of all the chemicals they put into my hair, which causes more damage to it. So, when I just let my hair be curly, that's when I realized how hard it is to have them. I always dread combing my hair every morning.
So just yesterday, August 6, 2017, I asked my brother to cut my hair. He wasn't sure what to do because of my hair. So I showed him a picture of Anne Hathaway's pixie haircut, and he said "okay... but it won't be like that because your hair is curly. I'll try my best to come up something close to that" and I held my breath and said "okay".

I have been comfortable with my long hair, curly or not. So, this is the shortest I've gone so far. It's all so new to me. I was like "Wow! My head feel so light!" and it's still weird, waking up and not having to worry about combing my hair, because hello! There's only so little hair that needs combing, and it's amazing! :)


I initially planned to go bald... but I know I don't have that much confidence yet, so I decided to go to a safer route.

And I'm happy of how it turns out. Eyebrows have raised because of my hair, but I don't care. I'm happy and I won't let anyone affect that. Plus, it's just hair, it'll grow back.

1 comment:

Gie said...

You're still looking great on that! Hoping i'll have that confidence too to cut my hair short. :P Hihi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...